Volunteer Program 2017 - 2018
Your help is needed in our outstanding volunteer program at Lucy Franklin. Below you will find a list of opportunities and events that you might be interested in helping out with this year. We welcome everyone's help so please share these opportunities with your friends, neighbors and relatives too! Read over the descriptions and mark your calendars for the ones that best suit your talents and interests. Throughout the year PTA will provide you with additional information via handouts or e-mails. Most opportunities listed below have volunteer signup sheets located on Sign Up Genius.
Sign Up Genius can be accessed below on the Sign Up Genius button... Please note that the dates are subject to change.
- Library Aide — This program allows volunteers to work 2 ½ hour shifts every other week for the entire school year. You will have a set schedule and will be checking in books, shelving books and helping students. This is a rewarding program and is a great way to get to know students at LFE. This will be throughout the school year.
- Teacher Aide —Aide jobs vary by teacher, but may include copying, cutting, bulletin boards, laminating, etc. This will be throughout the entire school year and is a commitment of about 1-3 hours per week.
- Tie Dye T-shirts —Help students tie dye t-shirts for spirit days and field trips. This will be a one time commitment. Various sign-up times; September 13-15th
- Grandparents Day — Help is needed with hospitality, serving and cleaning up of lunch and photo areas. This is a one time commitment on October 6th.
- Fall Party Planning Committee — Help is need in event planning, shopping, and the day of the event. The time commitment for this committee will include a minimum of two planning meetings.
- Fall Party — Help is needed with the set-up and management of the various activities during the party. This is a one time commitment, date to be announced. Sign-ups will be in 1 hour increments.
- Fall Book Fair — Help is needed the week of the Book Fair with running the register and helping the kids find books. Various sign-up times the week of November 13th – 17th.
- Holiday Shop — Help set-up and run the event that helps students with their holiday shopping. Various sign-up times on December 7th and 8th.
- Spring Party Planning Committee — Help is need in event planning, shopping, and the day of the event. The time commitment for this committee will include a minimum of two planning meetings.
- Spring Party — Help is needed with the set-up and management of the various activities during the party. This is a one time commitment, date to be announced. Sign-up times will be in 1 hour increments.
- Spring Book Fair — Help is needed the week of the Book Fair with running the register and helping the kids find books. Various sign-up times the week of April 16th-20th.
- Kindergarten Enrollment/Screening — Will be a greeter, collect and copy of documentation. This will be over a two day period in late February.
- PTA Board — Help plan, organize and work many school events. We have several jobs available, both large and small. You may have noticed that we have several new opportunities at the school and we are still looking for individuals to help head them up. We welcome everyone!
From time to time, requests for other volunteer opportunities will be announced. There
are always opportunities to volunteer your time and talent at LFE.
Your help is GREATLY appreciated by the LFE PTA, staff and most importantly the kids!!
contact the Volunteer Chairperson
Want to Volunteer?
Volunteer oportunities are listed on SignUp Genuis. Check back often to see if there is an opportunity that you would like to get involved in.