PTA Board Positions Open for the 2018 - 2020 School Year
Please consider looking into one of these volunteer opportunities. Our PTA relies on volunteers like you. Know that this is just to get more information on a board position, it DOES NOT automatically sign you up for the position : )
President: Oversees all functions of the LFE PTA. This involves communication with the school principal, staff and families of LFE. The President also leads the PTA meetings, attends district council meetings and is incharge of chairpeople of events.
Also, just because you over see a certain program, does not mean that you have to be the chair person. Many programs already have chairpeople in place, and you will just over see them.
Please click on the title to get more information on the position, or you may email Amanda Ryder, our current PTA President, at LucyFranklinPTA@gmail.com.
VP, Fundraising: Oversees the fundraisers of the PTA. This position is the contact person for all fundraising needs for the year.
VP, Membership: Oversees the Membership Drive and Annual Fund. This position is active all year, but mainly at the beginning of the school year.
VP, Programs: Oversees programs such as Grandparents Day, Trunk or Treat, Family Nights and Sweets with you Sweetheart.
VP, Public Relations: Is in charge of Facebook posts and website content.
VP, Cultural Arts: Oversees such programs as Pumpkins on Parade and Reflections.
Secretary: Takes notes at the LFE PTA meetings, types them up and makes them available to the PTA Board and send to PR person to post on the website.
Treasurer: Is responsible for making deposits, writing checks, reimbursements, bank reconciliations and filing taxes.
Chair People Needed for the 2018 - 2019 school year.
Your help is needed in our outstanding volunteer program at Lucy Franklin. Below you will find a list of opportunities and events that you might be interested in helping out with this year. We welcome everyone's help so please share these opportunities with your friends, neighbors and relatives too! Read over the descriptions and mark your calendars for the ones that best suit your talents and interests. Throughout the year PTA will provide you with additional information via handouts or e-mails. Most opportunities listed below have volunteer signup sheets located on Sign Up Genius.
Sign Up Genius can be accessed below on the Sign Up Genius button... Please note that the dates are subject to change.
- Library Aide — This program allows volunteers to work 2 ½ hour shifts every other week for the entire school year. You will have a set schedule and will be checking in books, shelving books and helping students. This is a rewarding program and is a great way to get to know students at LFE. This will be throughout the school year.
- Teacher Aide —Aide jobs vary by teacher, but may include copying, cutting, bulletin boards, laminating, etc. This will be throughout the entire school year and is a commitment of about 1-3 hours per week.
- Tie Dye T-shirts —Help students tie dye t-shirts for spirit days and field trips. This will be a one time commitment. Various sign-up times; September 13-15th
- Grandparents Day — Help is needed with hospitality, serving and cleaning up of lunch and photo areas. This is a one time commitment on October 6th.
- Fall Party Planning Committee — Help is need in event planning, shopping, and the day of the event. The time commitment for this committee will include a minimum of two planning meetings.
- Fall Party — Help is needed with the set-up and management of the various activities during the party. This is a one time commitment, date to be announced. Sign-ups will be in 1 hour increments.
- Fall Book Fair — Help is needed the week of the Book Fair with running the register and helping the kids find books. Various sign-up times the week of November 13th – 17th.
- Holiday Shop — Help set-up and run the event that helps students with their holiday shopping. Various sign-up times on December 7th and 8th.
- Spring Party Planning Committee — Help is need in event planning, shopping, and the day of the event. The time commitment for this committee will include a minimum of two planning meetings.
- Spring Party — Help is needed with the set-up and management of the various activities during the party. This is a one time commitment, date to be announced. Sign-up times will be in 1 hour increments.
- Spring Book Fair — Help is needed the week of the Book Fair with running the register and helping the kids find books. Various sign-up times the week of April 16th-20th.
- Kindergarten Enrollment/Screening — Will be a greeter, collect and copy of documentation. This will be over a two day period in late February.
- PTA Board — Help plan, organize and work many school events. We have several jobs available, both large and small. You may have noticed that we have several new opportunities at the school and we are still looking for individuals to help head them up. We welcome everyone!
From time to time, requests for other volunteer opportunities will be announced. There
are always opportunities to volunteer your time and talent at LFE.
Your help is GREATLY appreciated by the LFE PTA, staff and most importantly the kids!!
contact the Volunteer Chairperson
Want to Volunteer?
Volunteer oportunities are listed on SignUp Genuis. Check back often to see if there is an opportunity that you would like to get involved in.